You may have heard about a procedure called a Mommy Makeover. This is really just a catchy name for a combination of surgical procedures aimed at helping women correct breast and body issues resulting from pregnancy or massive weight loss. Typical Mommy Makeover procedures include breast enhancement, abdominoplasty and liposuction . My Palo Alto and San Jose area Mommy Makeover patients choose this combination of surgeries to get back (or even improve upon) the body contours they had before their children came along. There is no set “time limit” involved. We see lots of new mommies for this procedure, as well as mommies who’ve waited until their children have grown.
Components may include:
- Breast augmentation: Women often lose volume from their breasts after pregnancy or weight loss. Implants restore lost volume, or bring your breasts up to the size you always wanted.
- Breast lift: Often performed in conjunction with augmentation, lift procedures address sagging, adding shape and firmness to the breasts.
- Tummy tuck: Pregnancy creates challenges for even the most toned tummies, frequently producing sagging that no amount of exercise or dieting seems to resolve. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can correct the skin and muscle laxity that adds bulk to the midsection.
- Liposuction: Removing fat from isolated problem areas such as the waist, abdomen, flanks and thighs can slim and sculpt your physique.
- Fat transfer: Why waste that fat from the liposuction when you can put it to use in other areas? When performing Mommy Makeover procedures, I often harvest fat through liposuction and inject it into areas that could benefit from added volume. These areas can include the breasts, hips and buttocks.
Overall, this is an extremely customizable procedure that can bring about substantial improvements with only one surgical session, and one recovery period. To add another level of convenience for our patients, we perform the procedures in our own, fully-accredited surgical suite.