With the COVID-19 coronavirus on everyone’s mind, Dr. Lepore and all of us at Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Associates would like to share some information intended to protect and benefit our patients and staff.
Patient Safety is always paramount in our practice. As healthcare professionals, we have many protocols in place to protect our patients, on a constant basis. As we deal with COVID-19, we are following the advice of federal health authorities, updated regularly, to help ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
- In keeping with the current mandates of our local, state, and federal authorities, as well as our medical societies, we are temporarily suspending non-urgent office visits. *We continue to be available to see post-operative patients who may have urgent issues, or other post-treatment patients who may have concerns.
- We continue to have staff members available to take calls from other patients, and potential patients. You may call our office number 408-356-4241 during normal business hours, to discuss schedule changes, to request a consultation, or to ask questions about a procedure you may be researching.
- We’re hoping to be able to welcome regular office visits in April – and we will keep you posted as the current situation evolves.
We would like to remind you that the same steps you would take each day to help prevent any respiratory infection, whether it’s influenza or a common cold, continue to apply. These simple but important measures continue to be at the top of the list of the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines, for your daily protection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (And as a precaution in these times, observe a ‘distance’ in casual daily contacts)
- Wear a facemask if you are ill – to avoid infecting others.
Please contact our office, if you have any questions or concerns. For your convenience, we’re providing a link to the CDC website, below.
Thank you, and have a great day!