Look at the photo on the left. This is a real picture, of a real patient (one of ours), taken about two months after her Mommy Makeover surgeries with Dr. Lepore.
Like many of you, or someone you know, she’s a very busy mom (in her case, with 3 beautiful children.) Now that her family is complete, she wanted to take a little bit of time to restore a few areas of her body that had changed greatly due to pregnancy and childbirth.
Now- see her “Before” photo, below. The areas that most concerned her, were her abdomen, hips, and buttocks. To get the results she wanted, she would need not one, but several procedures. She underwent a full Tummy Tuck, Liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and thighs – and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift).
The surgeries were performed in a single session. This patient was very pleased with her tightened tummy, slimmer contour and tapered waist, as well as her more shapely buttocks. This was her own individual Mommy Makeover.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT MOMMY MAKEOVERS?
You may have heard the term, and the talk about Mommy Makeover before. It’s really just a catchy name for a combination of surgical procedures aimed at helping women correct breast and body issues resulting from pregnancy or massive weight loss. Typical Mommy Makeover procedures include breast enhancement, abdominoplasty and liposuction . My Palo Alto and San Jose area Mommy Makeover patients choose this combination of surgeries to get back (or even improve upon) the body contours they had before their children came along. There is no set “time limit” involved. We see lots of new mommies for this procedure, as well as mommies who’ve waited until their children have grown.
Components may include:
- Breast augmentation: Women often lose volume from their breasts after pregnancy or weight loss. Implants restore lost volume, or bring your breasts up to the size you always wanted.
- Breast lift: Often performed in conjunction with augmentation, lift procedures address sagging, adding shape and firmness to the breasts.
- Tummy tuck: Pregnancy creates challenges for even the most toned tummies, frequently producing sagging that no amount of exercise or dieting seems to resolve. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can correct the skin and muscle laxity that adds bulk to the midsection.
- Liposuction: Removing fat from isolated problem areas such as the waist, abdomen, flanks and thighs can slim and sculpt your physique.
- Fat transfer: Why waste that fat from the liposuction when you can put it to use in other areas? When performing Mommy Makeover procedures, I often harvest fat through liposuction and inject it into areas that could benefit from added volume. These areas can include the breasts, hips and buttocks.
Overall, this is an extremely customizable procedure that can bring about substantial improvements with only one surgical session, and one recovery period. To add another level of convenience for our patients, we perform the procedures in our own, fully-accredited surgical suite. Each person has an individual story and situation, and each patient is unique. The Mommy Makeover procedures and results, are designed just for you.
[Dr. Vincent Lepore is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, with many years of experience in Mommy Makeover surgery, as well as other surgeries of the breast, body, and face. Please call to schedule a free cosmetic consultation, to discuss your individual needs. 408-356-4241]